Monday, August 31, 2009

Irish Summers

well... they just don't exist really do they? At least, not with any consistency. We were luckier with our BBQ weather this year than we were with the last two... but it wasn't anything to write home about. Now, on the final day of August, cookout season seems to have abandoned us completely, leaving us Island dwellers in our familiar cocoon of damp and dim. Thanks mother nature! You rawk!

If you're like me and you really missed the whole grilling season, I have been advised that there is a new (tho probably expensive) line of cookwear that can give you that searing sensation without fear of rain. Excellent. Sent to me from the Tasting Table daily email, it can be found here: "new cookware has all your problems solved"

In the spirit of grilling, I'll leave you with one of my favorite recipes: Grilled Spicy Ginger Lime Pork Tenderloin, or as the locals over here call it, Pork Steak - that can be found on my other blog, complete with a music mix to cook your din dins with- just scroll down past the music to find the food: http://loveactionluvs.blogspot.com/2009/06/friday-mixtape-8-time-of-season.html

Soon I'll also post one of my other favorite recipes... which is also often cooked over the coals. It's my mom's most awesome Shrimp Pierre. Ok, better go before I drool over the keyboard here.

Below it's getting a satisifed "liked it" vote - it'd be higher if I was able to cook these things outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment