Monday, December 21, 2009

Observations in Amer-i-keh

Happy Holidaze to everyone! I've been a bit off-grid lately as for the past week I've been in the deepest depths of the Navajo Reservation in Arizona.

My parents moved out here for work 6 months ago and have been building a new life on the res, which makes for fascinating reading. (I'm trying to convince my mom to start her own blog). The day that I was made redundant I got some pretty bad news about my Dad's health, and once my new un-employment status set in, I no longer was constrained by vacation time. Long-story short, my most-awesome boyfriend insisted I go back and visit and be with the family during the holidays and gave me money towards my ticket as a Christmas/Birthday pressie. Am I lucky or what?!?

So here I am, a week into the adventure and a lot has happened. I flew to Albuquerque where my mom came and picked me up - we drove back towards their town, Red Mesa, which is in way North Eastern Arizona near the four corners, where the borders of Utah, Arizona, Colorado & New Mexico meet. On the way, we stopped at Canyon de Chelly as you can see in the attached photos. Four and a half hours later, we made it to Red Mesa... more photos to come.

We stayed in Red Mesa for a night and then it was off to Phoenix as my dad had to be in the hospital for some tests... bring on another six hours in the car. Sheesh! In the end, all the test results were fantastic and my dad got a pretty clean bill of health which was a seriously fantastic Christmas present for all of us. I'm going to update more of our adventures including adventures in food, travel and just being in America in general.

I've also had time to think about this poor neglected blog and it's lack of direction. I'm getting some ideas to keep it rolling out. But for now, expect some updates of the traveling in the Wild West.
xoxo

The photo up above in the post is of White House Ruins in Canyon De Chelly.

First photo below is my mom's newly adopted res-dog, Lucky.

Photo below that is also Canyon De Chelly,

and then of course, the Google map to show you exactly what I'm talking about!




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment